LIke us on Facebook!

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Full time, WAHM!

Do you see WAHM posted around? Do you know what it means? 
Work At Home Mom
That's a pretty vague assignment, if you ask me! I don't think a WAHM is just someone who sews diapers at home. I think SAHM should be a WAHM, because, staying home IS a lot of work!
Some say, as soon as a WAHM hires help, she is no longer a WAHM. There are a lot of conditions, brought on by customers about what defines a WAHM. 
Here, at GG HQ, it's just me, and my husband, Matt. He does all of our cutting, and I do everything else. 
Our son, attends preschool/daycare M-F until the early afternoon. I hate sending him off, but he absolutely loves being with his buddies all morning! Then, we he comes home, we hang out and after he is in bed, I go back upstairs to work! 
I think I average right around 40 hours a week! 
When the weekend arrives, I try very hard to stay away from work, like anyone else who worked M-F would. If I do go up to work, it's for very short periods.
We ship on Fridays, and I have a general rule of shipping on Mondays. This isn't to tease or make people wait, but more for making things work for us!
On Friday, after stocking, I usually have to finish up some odds and ends with the stocking, and then it's time to wrap up my week. Then, on weekends, if I shipped on Saturday, I'd lose some very beneficial time with my sweet son, whom I already miss so much all week! 
So, on Monday while we're cutting that weeks diapers, I do all the shipping, which usually takes 3-4 hours total! 
Just thought I would lay it all out for those wondering why Mondays are the ship day!
(Of course, if someone has a pressing matter that they need their purchase shipped ASAP, I will do everything I can to get it out!) 

1 comment:

  1. :)GG Fluff is well worth the wait, you enjoy those beautiful Saturdays with your family!

    ReplyDelete